About the conference
LATEST NEWS: We are delighted to offer the brand new white paper produced by Generics and Biosimilars conference speaker Edward Ghabour. Edward Ghabour is Head of Strategic Planning, Business Development and Licensing for Novartis Egypt, and Member of PEC (Pharma Executive Committee).
For your complimentary copy of ‘The Emerging Use of the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) in Performance Measurement and Management’ please click here.
Brought to you by the organisers of CPhI WorldWide, the 2nd annual Generics & Biosimilars conference is a unique event where senior pharma professionals from developed and emerging EMEA markets will meet and discuss the very latest generics and biosimilars strategies.
Join your peers and competitors to discover the latest developments in generics and biosimilars including new technologies and processes, regulatory shifts, pricing and reimbursement policies, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures and alliances.
With speakers confirmed to present including those such as Doron Ben-Ami, Managing Director, Eastern Europe & Israel, Merck, Sharpe and Dohme and Sergey Beloborodov, Rx Brands Business Unit Director, Teva sharing their insights on market access and new opportunities in generics and biosimilars, this year’s event is set to welcome experts from across the pharma industry including CEOs, VPs, Directors, General Managers and Heads of department and many many more. View the full speaker line up.
- Get an all-round understanding of the various regulatory regimes, pricing and reimbursement strategies, ways to overcome technical and legislative challenges in the key emerging EMEA pharmaceutical markets, including Central and Eastern Europe, the CIS, Turkey and the Middle East
- Be part of a unique event where east meets west in more than one way; find out how big pharma and innovative generics and biotech companies work together in the key emerging countries
- Hear the very latest developments in generics innovation, supergenerics and biosimilars
- Gain insight into who is doing what, when and how; where are the real opportunities in these emerging markets?
- With a special focus Masterclass on the Middle East and a pre-conference workshop on Russia and the CIS, you will get indepth knowledge on these regions with huge potential for generics and biosimilars
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) forecasts that the five MENA markets will represent a combined GDP of US$2.5 trillion in 2016, led by Turkey and Saudi Arabia
- Russia is expected to continue growing at nearly 10% in local currency (IHS Global Insight’s forecast)
- According to estimates, the total clinical trials market value in the CIS countries analysed exceeded $532m (€403m) in 2010 and reached $633 (€479m) in 2011 (an increase by 19% y-o-y) (PMR)
Last year’s conference in Istanbul was attended by senior representatives from Actavis, Amgen, Astrazeneca, Bayer, Genepharm, Glaxy, Glenmark, GSK, IEIS, Roche, Sandoz, Sanofi, Zentiva, Turkish Ministry of Health and many more.
Keep an eye on this year’s agenda here and make sure you don’t miss out on knowing about all the potential there is in the emerging markets for growing your company through the right strategy in place and the right information at hand.